Consider Donating The Keilim Mikveh is provided to the community as a free service, at a considerable cost to us. Donations are welcomed and appreciated.
Your Responsibilities By availing yourself of this service, you are accepting full responsibility for yourself, your children and any items you bring with you… In addition, you are obligating yourself to treat these premises with respect and proper consideration.
Please abide by the following rules
Before toveling an item, one must ensure that it is free from dirt, rust, adhesives and removable company stickers.
The blessing is recited before immersing the first item. When toveling a single item, the blessing is “Al Tevilat Keili”.
Please check the reference guide in order to determine which items required a blessing and which do not.
During the immersion, care must be taken that water completely reaches all sides of the item at once and that no air is trapped inside.
- Metal: cutlery, knives,pots, pot lids, pans, pizza cutters, peelers, corn on the cob holders, ladles, spatulas, mixing utensils graters used with cooked products
- Glass and Crystal: Dishes, trays, Serving bowls, Cutting boards, Pitchers, Drinking glasses, Microwave trays if food will be placed directly on top
- Salt shakers
- Pyrex baking dishes
- Crock pot: only a metal or glass insert
- BBQ grill: only the grill itself
- Toaster oven: removable racks & trays
- Food Processor used for cooked products: metal blades and parts
*It is preferable to Tovel together with a vessel that requires a Bracha.
- Glazed porcelain, ceramic or china
- Enameled Iron
- Food processor or grater used for raw product only
- Metal or glass containers for storage
- Glass thermoses and bottles
- Plastic, nylon, melamine, rubber
- Disposable aluminum pans (2nd usage)
- Electrical equipment: Toaster, popcorn maker, hot water urn
- Cookie cutters
- Egg pot
- Coffee grinder
- Metal flour sifter
- Earthenware, unglazed pottery
- Pocket knife or scissors (unless permanently used with food)
- Netilat Yadayim cup
- Can openers, corkscrews
- Knife sharpener
- Anything manufactured and owned by a Jew